One of my fav people in the world Blush Loves Mint has this really amazing garland, pom pom design business in Australia and she is kind of something amazing. I was inspired to create my own tassel garland for my Thanksgiving mantel using brown paper bags. Kinda rustic, no?
I used 6 lunch bags for my garland but I could have used more to make the tassels a little more full
Okay, so here's how I did it.
1. Cut one side open of a brown paper bag to make it flat. There should only be one open side.
2. Fold the bag so that it forms a square.
3. Cut strips-- about 1/2 inch thick starting from the cut open side.
4. Grab your cut strips and twist them in the center.
5. Wrap your tassel around a rope or string
And an upside down book. Ha-- oh the humor.